söndag 21 april 2019

Quantum Mechanics Still a Complete Mystery 1

Lee Smolins new book Einstein’s Unfinished Revolution (lecture here) repeats yet another time what every physicist already knows:
  • I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. (R. Feynman)
  • Quantum mechanics is magic. (Daniel Greenberger) 
  • Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. (Niels Bohr) 
  • Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it. (Niels Bohr) 
  • If you are not completely confused by quantum mechanics, you do not understand it. (John Wheeler)
  • If [quantum theory] is correct, it signifies the end of physics as a science. (Albert Einstein) 
  • I do not like [quantum mechanics], and I am sorry I ever had anything to do with it. (Erwin Schrödinger) 
  • Quantum mechanics makes absolutely no sense. (Roger Penrose)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar