One of the speakers at the Dialog Conference of the Swedish Mathematics Commission June 11,
is Fred Spier, one of the founders of the ”Big History Project”, who will tackle the problem:
- How can we form a mathematics education which inspires and creates curiosity?
- 3.8 - 3.5 billion years BP: Emergence of life.
- 2 million years BP: Emergence of Homo Erectus
- 200.000 years BP: Emergence of Home Sapiens
- 500 years ago BP: 1st wave of globalization
- 250 years ago BP: 2nd wave of globalization (Industrialization)
- 60 years ago BP: 3rd wave of globalization (Informatization).
- 1st wave: Clock, navigation.
- 2nd wave: Analytical Geometry and Calculus by Descartes, Leibniz and Newton
- 3rd wave: Digital electronic computer: Computational Mathematics.