- The UK is at the forefront of tackling dangerous climate change, underpinned by world class scientific expertise and advice.
- Climate scientists from the UK and across the world are in overwhelming agreement about the evidence of climate change, driven by the human input of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
- As three of the UK’s leading scientific organisations involving most of the UK scientists working on climate change, we cannot emphasise enough the body of scientific evidence that underpins the call for action now, and we reinforce our commitment to ensuring that world leaders continue to have access to the best possible science.
- The 2007 Assessment Report of the UN’s climate change panel (the IPCC) – made up of the world’s foremost climate scientists – provided unequivocal evidence for a warming climate, and a high degree of certainty that human activities are largely responsible for global warming since the middle of the 20th century.
- The scientific evidence which underpins calls for action at Copenhagen is very strong.
måndag 30 november 2009
Royal Societies and Climategate
Shortly after the IPCC Climategate explosion, The Royal Society reconfirms its endorsement of IPCC:
In the light of Climategate all these statements appear utterly ironic, and it can only be a matter of days before The Royal Society will have to make a revision, in particular in view of its 350th anniversary celebration, a revision which of course will be mimicked by The Royal Swedish Academy celebrating its 270th anniversary. The Royal Societies could listen to BBC