- it is closer to physics: radiation/light is an electromagnetic wave phenomenon and not any stream of particles,
- it is possible to analyze and thereby understand, while
- Planck's statistical model was born in an "act of despair" and as such has caused a lot of confusion: blackbody radiation is still hundred years later considered to be "black magic"
- it shows that the concept of "backradiation" as the driver of the "greenhouse effect" supposedly causing global warming, is fictitious non-physical and confusing,
- it includes a 2nd law showing that heat energy can be transferred by radiation from a warm body to a cooler body, but not from cold body to a warmer.
onsdag 1 september 2010
Updated Computational Blackbody Radiation
Planck in despair: A theoretical interpretation had to be found at any price,
no matter how high that might be...
I have updated the (draft of) Computational Blackbody Radiation which can be inspected here.
I present a mathematical analysis of blackbody radiation, of central importance in climate science, based on deterministic wave mechanics subject to finite precision computation, as an alternative to Planck's classical analysis based on statistics of energy quanta or photons.
The deterministic finite precision wave model offers the following advantages as compared to Planck's statistical particle model:
This work will be part of my contribution to the Slaying the Sky Dragon of the Greenhouse Effect project.
Comments are welcome.