If the channel connecting 2 with 1 has the same dimension as the outlet of 1 and the channel flow Q is proportional to level difference, we have by conservation of water, normalizing the constant of proportionality to one:
- Q = H_2 - H_ 1
- Q = H_1
- One water flow from high (2) to low level (1): One-way heat transfer from warm Earth surface to colder atmosphere: No "back radiation".
- 1 as passive mediator between 2 and outer space reduces the flow: Decrease of outgoing long wave radiation OLR for resonant frequencies of the atmosphere. No decrease for non-resonant frequencies.
- 1 is a passive mediator in the sense that whatever it absorbs from 2 is emitted into outer space.
- Warming effect of the atmosphere, acting as a passive intermediate "blanket" between the Earth surface and pure space, for resonant frequencies.
- Non-warming effect for non-resonant frequencies.
- Total warming effect dependent on denseness of resonant frequencies.
- One-flow of heat energy from warm to cold.
- Not two-way flow of heat energy carried by "photons" traveling back and forth.
CO2 alarmism is based on the hypothesis that the spectrum of the atmosphere with CO2 as a trace gas is dense in the entire wave number band 600 - 800, with a suggested "radiative forcing" of 3.7 W/m2 upon doubling of the concentration from preindustrial level to 600 ppm.
But the spectrum of CO2 as atmospheric trace gas is not dense but very sparse except in the narrow band 667 - 669, and thus the basis of "radiative forcing" of 3.7 W/m2 appears to be grossly incorrect, probably a factor 10 too big. Without this "radiative forcing" of 3.7 W/m2 CO2 alarmism collapses.