- Atmospheric Radiation: Theoretical Basis by Goody and Yung: No
- Radiative Heat Transfer by Modest: No
- Radiative Transfer by Chandrasekhar: No
- 3D Radiative Transfer in Cloudy Atmospheres by Marshak-Davis: No
- An Introduction to Radiative Transferby Peraiah: No
- Radiative Transfer in the Atmosphere and Ocean by Thomas-Stamnes: Yes
- An Introduction to Atmospheric Physic by Andrews: Yes
- Fundamentals of atmospheric radiation by Bohren-Clothiaux: Yes
- A First Course in Atmospheric Radiation by Petty: Yes
- An Introduction to Atmospheric Radiation by Liou: Yes
- An Introduction to Atmospheric Physics by Fleagle-Businger: Yes
- Assessing Climate Change by Rapp: Yes
- UN Climate Change Science Compendium 2009: Yes
- Advancing the Science of Climate Change 2010, NRC: Yes
- The Greenhouse Effect by Lindzen: Yes
- IPCC TAR 2007: Yes.
onsdag 12 oktober 2011
False SB Not Part of Physics Literature
The scientific explanation of the greenhouse effect of climate science.
Making a little field study to see how text books present (Yes) or not present (No) the False-SB (False-Stefan-Boltzmann Law) discussed in previous posts, we find:
1. In a general basic physics texts on radiative transfer not connected to climate science, there is no reason to introduce the False-SB, because radiative transfer is one-way and False-SB is two-way. Accordingly, physics literature on radiative transfer does not mention False-SB.
2. Most texts on climate science including atmospheric radiation present False-SB, because most texts connect to CO2 alarmism and False-SB serves as the scientific basis of alarmism by suggesting that global climate is sensitive to small perturbations of radiative forcing.
In short: False-SB is a free invention of CO2 alarmism, and is not part of basic physics literature. False-SB is thus pseudo-science. Probably the biggest scientific fraud all times.
For an list of the use of False-SB in academic teaching see Consensus Science compiled by Alan Siddons.