- One of their favorite arguments is that the greenhouse effect does not exist at all — because it violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics;
- i.e., one cannot transfer energy from a cold atmosphere to a warmer surface.
- It is surprising that this simplistic argument is used by physicists, and even by professors who teach thermodynamics.
- One can show them data of downwelling infrared radiation from CO2, water vapor and clouds, which clearly impinge on the surface.
- But their minds are closed to any such evidence.
PS I have asked Fred to respond to my above reaction to his post. I would not be surprised if Fred to this request simply returns silence. This is how nay-sayers (like me) should better be handled and thereby be removed from science. Of course "enartete science" must be annihilated to preserve "good science" giving "good scientists" the "good name" they rightly deserve.
Fred and I debated "back radiation" when we met in 2011, and evidently that question is still nagging in Fred's mind...