Swedish climate politics is based on a statement by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences under the title The Scientific Basis for Climate Change. The main author of statement is Lennart Bengtsson, the most prominent climates scientist in Sweden today.
In a correspondence with Lennart Bengtsson on the main Swedish climate blog Climate Scam (Klimatupplysningen) I pose the following question to Bengtsson (see also previous post):
- What would the surface temperature be on Venus with the same composition of the atomosphere as that on the Earth (78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, 0.04% carbon dioxide and 0.5% water vapor) with mass conserved?
- What would the surface temperature be on the Earth with the same composition of the atomosphere as that on the Venus (96.5% carbon dioxide, 3.5% nitrogen, 150 ppm sulfur dioxide and 20 ppm water vapor) with mass conserved?
- 1. Unfortunately I lack possibility to perform the necessary calculations.
- 2. The main reason for the very high temperature of the surface of Venus is its atmospheric composition that consists of some 96% carbon dioxide as well as other constituents such as clouds of sulphuric acid and water vapor.
- 3. Anthropogenic emission of greenhouse gases has led to an increase in the surface temperature of the Earth.
February 9: No response from B; it appears that indeed he is right when admitting: Unfortunately I lack possibility to perform the necessary calculations.
The world of science is often surprising and contradictory.