onsdag 14 maj 2014

Shocking Message from Lennart Bengtsson Muted by Climate Alarmists

Die Klimazwiebel publishes the following shocking letter from Lennart Bengtsson forced to resign from the advisory board of GWPF under group pressure from politically correct CO2 alarmists:
  • I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. I see therefore no other way out therefore than resigning from GWPF. I had not expecting such an enormous world-wide pressure put at me from a community that I have been close to all my active life. Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc. I see no limit and end to what will happen. It is a situation that reminds me about the time of McCarthy. I would never have expecting anything similar in such an original peaceful community as meteorology. Apparently it has been transformed in recent years.
  • Under these situation I will be unable to contribute positively to the work of GWPF and consequently therefore I believe it is the best for me to reverse my decision to join its Board at the earliest possible time.
I have recently communicated with LB and expressed my great admiration for his courageous questioning of CO2 alarmism in media, because in his view the scientific reason is lacking. He then said that he would continue to fight for scientific truth following his responsibility as leading scientist. But LB as has now been muted by naked power and the order of climate alarmism is re-established. What a terribly sad story this is! For Sweden, Science and the World!

See also Climate Depot and Tallbloke and Bishophill and JoNova and Climate Audit and the reaction from David Henderson, Chairman, GWPF’s Academic Advisory Council:
  • Your resignation is not only a sad event for us in the Foundation: it is also a matter of profound and much wider concern. The reactions that you speak of, and which have forced you to reconsider the decision to join us, reveal a degree of intolerance, and a rejection of the principle of open scientific inquiry, which are truly shocking. They are evidence of a situation which the Global Warming Policy Foundation was created to remedy.
  • In your recent published interview with Marcel Crok, you said that ‘if I cannot stand my own opinions, life will become completely unbearable’. All of us on the Council will feel deep sympathy with you in an ordeal which you should never have had to endure.
  • With great regret, and all good wishes for the future.
No wonder that the reaction is so strong: Big values are at stake. The whole alarmist ship is sinking and desperation is spreading…One day not too far away LB will be glorified as a scientist ready to folllow his conviction, now only temporarily overpowered…., no matter what the cost may be…

PS1 As noted by Lubos the event my drive LB into a true skeptic position, rather than back to alarmism, a position now taken by many scientists and thus if not maximally comfortable probably livable.

PS2 More on the Swedish Klimatupplysningen and Antropocene and MSM outside Sweden:



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar