Einstein "scientific method", which brought him immense fame as the greatest physicist of all times, consists of:
- Start from a definition, convention or stipulation/law without physical content, and then draw far-reaching consequences about the physics of the world.
- Equivalence Principle: Gravitational mass is equal to inertial mass.
- Relativity Principle: Observations in inertial coordinate systems moving with constant velocity with respect to each other, are to be connected by the Lorentz transformation.
- Covariance Principle: Physical laws are to have the same form independent of the choice of coordinate system.
2. stipulates that different physical phenomena are to be viewed to be the same. This is because the Lorentz transformation is not invariant with respect to initial conditions, and thus Einstein stipulates that two waves satisfying the same form of wave equation, but having different initial conditions, shall be viewed to be the same. No wonder that with this play with identities, all sort of strange effects of time dilation and space contraction can be drawn out of a magicians hat.
It is clear that physical laws in general take different forms in different coordinate systems, and thus 3. is an absurd stipulation. Alternatively, it is trivial and just says that a physical law will have to transform when expressed in different coordinates so that the law has the same physical content. So 3. is either absurd or trivial, in both cases devoid of physics.
It is depressing that none of this can be understood by leading modern physicists. Nada. Even more depressing is that the discussion is closed since 100 years.